5 Tips on Productivity
In this fast paced world, how does one stay productive? We wanted to share a few tips that may be helpful for you.
Our Productivity Tips
- Make a “to-do” list. This can be as simple as a written list or as complex as project management software. This will help you keep track of what you have to do for a particular day. If it is a more sophisticated method, you will have the capability of keeping notes on each task as well. You will be able to track what you do on any given day and keep up with anything outstanding. This will help you be more efficient and effective.
- Set realistic goals. When making your to-do list, try to be realistic on what you can achieve. You are one person and there are only so many hours in a day. If you set goals that you cannot achieve, you will constantly end your day in disappointment. This will never be a good feeling.
- Stay focused and try to limit interruptions. This could be phone calls, emails, etc. You can pick a certain time during the day that you will allocate towards these tasks verses constantly having them in the background.
- Eat (good foods) and rest. Just like they told you in high school when you were taking exams, it still applies as an adult in the workplace. Not making the time to eat and sleep is not good for you on many different levels. These habits alone can make you not focused. I am not a doctor nor do I claim to be one, but I am almost certain that long term effects of not eating properly and/or not getting an adequate amount of sleep will catch up to you sooner or later.
- Delegate and/or learn to say no. If you find yourself overwhelmed, reassess the tasks that you have. Is there something you can pass off? Are there things that you can say no to? Don’t stretch yourself too thin.
If you follow these five tips, you should find yourself more productive!
Contact CPA Firms Wilmington NC with Questions
Adam Shay CPA, PLLC is one of the best CPA Firms Wilmington NC. Our team helps individuals and businesses with tax advice, accounting services, and tax planning. With our team full of professional expertise, you can rely on us to get you through tough situations. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.