Remember that if you have a rental property, beginning in 2011 you have to issue a 1099-MISC for anyone that provides work or services for the rental property.  It remains to be seen as to how much of an administrative burden this will be.  That being said, it will be less of a burden if you request that a W-9 form be completed before an individual or company performs work on your rental property.  It is much easier to collect that information ahead of time than after the fact.