How to Make S Corporation & C Corporation Income Tax Payments

If you owe a balance for your Corporate income tax return, you have several options to pay.


If you are a C Corporation and owe federal, you must pay that via EFTPS.  We can point you in the right direction to set this up if you don’t have it already.  If you are an S Corporation, you should not owe anything with the federal income tax return.


Your first option to pay is by mailing a check with payment vouchers.  If we had an in-person completion meeting with you, we provided you a printed voucher at that time.  The voucher is also available on your Sharefile as a separate PDF file.  You write the check and mail it in with the voucher.  The voucher typically also lists helpful information for who to make the check payable to, where to mail it, and important information to include on your check.  We advise sending certified return receipt.


You may also pay your taxes online.  Below you will find step by step instructions for paying the NC balance.



Go to

  1. Fill in your contact info and click next.
  2. Select Calendar Year or Fiscal Year. If your return reports January-December, you are a calendar year taxpayer.
  3. Fill in all information.
  4. For franchise tax due and corporate income tax due, refer to the vouchers we provided you. The voucher indicates whether it is franchise tax or corporate income tax, as well as the amount that needs to be paid. Enter the amount you are paying and click next.
  5. If you are only paying Franchise Tax, select File CD-V and Pay Franchise Tax Only. If you are only paying corporate income tax, select File CD-V and Pay Corporate Income Tax Only. If you are paying both, select File CD-V and Pay Franchise and Corporate Income Tax.  Click next.
  6. Choose payment selection and continue through remaining prompts and screen until you receive confirmation. Please be sure to print a copy of the confirmation and save for your records.