NC S and C Corporation Extensions

If you are filing an extension for your corporate income tax return, please read the following to help you decide the amount to pay and how to pay.

As a corporation, you owe a minimum tax of $200 to NC (if you operate in other states, please contact us). However, it could be higher than the $200 for NC based on varying factors that we would not know until we prepare your tax return. If you owed more than $200 with your prior year NC income tax filing, we advise paying that same amount for the extension payment this year. The extensions are due April 15th. Once again, the actual amount due when we file your tax return could be different, at which point you would pay the difference. However, it is beneficial to pay whatever you can with the extension, because any amount due that is paid after the due date is subject to penalties and interest.

We will file the extensions for you, but you will need to submit the payment at the following websites. Please be sure to print a copy of the confirmation and provide to us so that we have record of your extension payment.


Go to
1. Fill in your contact info and hit continue.
2. Select The Current Tax Filing Year.
3. Fill in all information.
4. For franchise tax due enter the amount you are paying, enter tax liability for year as the amount you would like to pay in. Do not enter anything for corporate income tax. Hit next.
5. Select File CD-V And Pay Franchise Tax Only. Hit next.
5. Choose payment selection and continue through remaining prompts and screen until you receive confirmation.